Monday, September 23, 2013

My Weekend: New Van, October Fest, and Football





So I have been waiting all day to write this post.  I've had lots of errands to run.  First I had to get Sophie and I ready, which as you moms know is never a fast task!!  Then it was off to the library to print a return label on a pair of shoes I had to return.  Then to UPS to ship, post office to mail off something else, then house cleaning and laundry.  I've been feeling a little better the last couple of days.  Glad to be able to get some things taken care of.  I hate the feeling of having so much to do and not being physically able to get it all done.  It's so stressful.  Ok..onto my weekend..

Gillian waiting to get in to have some fun!!
Natalie hugging Sophie
We had so many things going on this weekend.  My best friend invited us to October Fest.  She also wanted us to come to hang out with her at the Chili Cook Off she entered into at the State Fair (which opens up this weekend!!).  Another friends birthday party was at a bar type place 45 mins away.  There was also a BMX event on the other side of the city going on.  Well needless to say my physical condition does prevent me from doing things a lot.  So we decided not to overdo anything.  Yes, I was feeling much better than I had been in the weeks past.  I wanted to take advantage of that and get out and play.  I also didn't want to wear my body out and live to regret it afterwards.  So we opted for the October Fest event.  It seemed the most kiddo friendly.  We had a blast!!
Me and My Girls
The girls got to ride several rides and we all had a wonderful experience!!  Do not be fooled, however!!!  If you have never been to an October Fest...it is much like the fair, EXPENSIVE!!!  After a couple of hours we had to say enough is enough.  One Brautwurst was $8!!  So we opted to leave and go grab some lunch more on our budget.
Me, my husband, and my best friend, Michelle
After a much needed nap, we got a call from a guy that we had called inquiring about a van.  If you have read my blog, you know we've been looking for one.  He originally told us he would not come down on his price.  Well, much to our surprise, he called and said he would take what we were willing to offer!!  So now this mama has her a van!!!  


We love it!!  It's been so long since I have driven one that I forgot how wonderful they are for a family of 5 like mine.  I have room and so do the girls.  It runs great and the kids think the seats are super comfortable!  VERY IMPORTANT!!  lol.  No more cramped compact car.  And no more single car household!!  Felling very blessed.  

Sunday we were all tired and I was hurting again, pretty bad.  We decided to skip the Chili Cook off and just be lazy and watch football.  After all, what's better than a lazy football Sunday??!!  My hometown Falcons lost :(  But our Dallas Cowboys pulled out a win!!  Bout time!!  Turns out my husband bet lunch on the other team winning so he had to buy his buddy lunch today!  I hope he doesn't make a habit out of that!!!  He's not very good at it!!

Happy Monday Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment