Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cystoscopy Today

Today I had my cystoscopy done for my Intersticial Cystitis diagnosis.  I feel ike CRAP!!!!  The procedure itself wasn't bad.  They gave me lidocaine and I felt no pain.  I have some pretty severe inflammation and irritation in my bladder.  I am proud and so happy to say that there is no cancer!!  That has been the only other thing that has not been ruled out yet.  I've been a bit worried about that.  Now I can enjoy the relief of knowing that is not a worry anymore.  IC is incurable but I can deal with it with the hope of different treatments over time bringing relief.  At least it is not life threatening.  I am thankful for that.  Well treatments start on Friday and weekly after that.  Treatments will be expensive but we will find a way to get through it all.

I'm in a lot of pain now so I'm keeping this short.  All in all I am glad I got it done and over with and I'm feeling good about having a treatment plan, FINALLY!!  It's been a long and painful road.  Both physically and emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment